Shadows will breathe

Shadows will breathe
"Careful. Evil has a way of making friends with the good and dragging them into the darkness." ~ Dr. Al Robbins

Monday, April 9, 2018

Movie Review


I don't usually give reviews on movies.  I like the theory that every person for themselves should decide if a movie is worthy of their time and money.  However, I have just watched A Quiet Place and I felt the need to write a little bit about it because of its originality.
When I first saw the preview for this film - I believe it was back in February, during the Super Bowl - I sat up and took notice.  Since that time, I have been seeing more and more coverage of this film and I found myself giving in to the hype and the energy around it ~ hey, when Rotten Tomatoes gives out a nearly perfect score, it's your cue to go and watch it.
And so, I did.

I can honestly say that I have never been to a movie theater that was ever so quiet.  It made me nervous to even clear my throat for fear I would interrupt the vibe or my fellow movie goers or maybe conjure up those creatures out of the screen and into our own world. 
In short, the movie was good.
It was intense; intriguing; interesting.
It did, however, leave me asking so many more questions:

How did this all start?  And why?
Where did it begin?
Where did these creatures come from?  The skies?  The laboratories?  Underground?
What would happen if you sneezed? Snored?  Burped?
And how the hell did they get all of that electronic equipment into the basement without a sound?
Will there be a sequel?  A prequel?
Do I think it's the best movie I have ever seen?  No. 
Do I think it's worth the time?  Yes.
And I know that I really don't need to promote this film - it definitely has its own staying power -
but I am pleased to say that I went to see it.  It really is a unique movie, a great story and it is entertainment at its finest.
Well done, John Krasinski And thank you for the scares.

Have you see it, Creepsters?
Let me know what you thought about it.
Comment below...

#CreepOn





No comments: