Shadows will breathe

Shadows will breathe
"Careful. Evil has a way of making friends with the good and dragging them into the darkness." ~ Dr. Al Robbins

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Spirits🍸


Hi Creepsters.
Just a quick bit of information about me.
In between the writing and the reading and the creepy activities, I have a side job.  
I bartend at a local establishment on the weekends.  Many call me an intoxicologist or a spiritual advisor, but most of the time, I feel like I'm just a glorified babysitter. 😊 
Now, whether I am at home or at the bar, I absolutely LOVE mixing cocktails.  It is one of my favorite things to do.  And since I'm always on the lookout for new drinks, I found myself reading a drink magazine earlier today, which led to some very interesting conversation for this blog.  

In an article entitled Spirited History, I read about ancient remedies involving booze.  Many early thinkers and medical professionals sought out alcohol to develop new medicines and elixirs to overturn some of the crude methods that were taking place in their times.  Methods like blood letting, mercury ingestion, and trephination.  And in my further investigation on ancient customs of healing, I discovered the idea of corpse medicine.  (You have got to read about corpse medicine.)  More research on this subject led me to an article from the History Channel News involving the top 7 Unusual Ancient Medical Techniques.  And it is quite a page turner (or should I say, a screen pusher.) After wrapping my head around these archaic ideas, I turned my thoughts to gratitude.  I am very thankful that times have changed and that medicine has advanced so tremendously.  I am grateful to be part of this new age.
The magical transformation of medicine from these ancient times to today is staggering when you think about it, and along with these changes came the implementation of alcohol.  And many still use it today, to medicate; to alleviate; to escape.  Even as I write this I am indulging in one fine vodka drink that I created myself.  (I guess bartending is a cool skill to perfect.)
So, I raise my glass to you, Creepster.  
Cheers to you and to your health. 
And be sure to follow my posts this week as I examine more of this spirit world.
#CreepOn ~ 
❤Deevious

No comments: