Shadows will breathe

Shadows will breathe
"Careful. Evil has a way of making friends with the good and dragging them into the darkness." ~ Dr. Al Robbins

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pink Floyd Day



I am sifting through old CDs today and I stumbled onto the music of Floyd.  
(**sigh**)
It's like finding a twenty dollar bill in your pocket that you had forgotten was there.
~Such mesmerizing melodies and haunting lyrics.~

Now, I wasn't always a fan.  It's true.  It had to be taught to me.
I can remember my brother making me listen to The Wall over and over and over again.
I tried to fight the music - insisted that it was torture - 
but my brother was eight years older than me (and eight inches taller) and I stood no chance in a retaliation.  
So, day after day he made me suffer through song after song of Pink Floyd very early in my childhood 
and, just like brainwashing, I became a fan ~ and a die hard fan at that.

Looking back, it was probably one of the best things he did for me.  
Thanks, dude.







No comments: