Shadows will breathe

Shadows will breathe
"Careful. Evil has a way of making friends with the good and dragging them into the darkness." ~ Dr. Al Robbins

Friday, July 17, 2020

Hellish Ideas

As a published author, I receive a lot of questions about how I do what I do.

Recently, I was talking with a friend who had some questions about my writing process, development of characters, and if I ever use sketches to outline a story.  
I explained to her that the only "drawings" I do for characters are of monsters and creatures.
My human characters come from a combination of people I already know or have met.  Pieces of one; quirks from another.
Most of my drawings of monsters and creatures I log into journals.  If you know me, or are aware of my personal writings, then you already know that my overactive imagination creates the most ridiculous nightmares for me.  I use these nightmares for stories and character development and, sometimes, creature creation.  Most of these "drawings" however, usually happen while I'm half asleep.  So, you can imagine how great they are and at what scale they could be measured upon.

Regardless, this conversation with above friend has encouraged me to share some of these sketches with all of you, my Creepsters. Now, don't laugh,because here are some of my best drawings that have occurred "in the middle of the night when the moon is down and the medicine's gone and the hour is none."












Comments are always appreciated and I do try and respond back.
Let me know what you think.
Let me know what dream.
Let me know what wakes you up in the middle of the night.

#ReadOn
#CreepOn
         
~❤DeeVious



No comments: