Shadows will breathe

Shadows will breathe
"Careful. Evil has a way of making friends with the good and dragging them into the darkness." ~ Dr. Al Robbins

Friday, March 27, 2015

Sylvia Plath



"Dream by dream 
I am educating myself to become that rare character, 
rarer, in truth, than any member of the Psychoanalytic Institute, a dream connoisseur.  
Not a dream stopper, a dream explainer, 
an exploiter of dreams for the crass practical ends of health and happiness, 
but an unsordid collector of dreams for themselves alone.  
A lover of dreams for Johnny Panic's sake, the maker of them all."  
~ Sylvia Plath ~


I have only recently discovered the genius of Sylvia Plath.
A few months back, I opened The Bell Jar, was floored by the honesty of the novel, and have never been the same.
Since that journey, I've tried to find everything she has ever written.
I've devoured her short stories like I would chocolate;
Drank down her poetry like the finest vodka;
I've hung on every single word she has put to paper -
and I am still thirsty for more.
I'm sure all of her fans feel this way.
I'm just grateful I got to walk with her for a little while.

Thank you Ms. Sylvia.
Thank you for showing us how it's done.


(The above quote is taken from one of her finest pieces, Johnny Panic and the Bible of Dreams.)



No comments: