Shadows will breathe

Shadows will breathe
"Careful. Evil has a way of making friends with the good and dragging them into the darkness." ~ Dr. Al Robbins

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

And the winner is...

The winner for our April Poetry Contest is:

Jason Bradstreet

Congrats, Jason!
Job, well done.

Here was his submission:

A Backwood Mother’s Teachings

Norman, is that you, my dear, 

Creeping around in the dark?
Your father- oh! if he were here-
Could show you a man’s heart.
So sorry- only me, my dear,
To guide your growing start.
I love you, boy. Never you fear.
Nothing can make us part.

Norman, is it you out there,
Burying deep your secrets?
Remember how I taught you now;
Cover the hole with leaf grits.
No one will ever know, my dear.
The skin will rot down to cream lips
While you and I, mother and son,
Make merry and taste tea sips.


No comments: